Help build our list of GM products in shops
Very few products with GM labels are on supermarket shelves, but the ones we've found might surprise you
What you can do
In 2003 Greenpeace produced a 13 page booklet listing hundreds of products to help shoppers try to avoid buying GM foods. Since then overwhelming public rejection has succeeded in forcing most of these products off supermarket shelves or the replacement of the GM components with non-GM.
However in recent months we have noticed a few GM products for sale in UK supermarkets. We want to develop a new list in order to help shoppers avoid these products and to help direct pressure on supermarkets to stop selling them.
If you find a product containing GM for sale in the UK, please send us:
- the name of the product
- the GM ingredient(s) concerned
- the name and address of the shop where you found it
- the date you saw the item for sale
- a photograph of the label stating the GM content if at all possible
- what, if anything, the store manager has to say in response to any complaint you make
Many thanks for your help. As long as some supermarkets say they are keeping an "open mind" about GM, we need to help them understand that their customers are still resolutely opposed.
Background to this action
List of products containing GM in the UK
Product (found here/when)
- KTC cooking oil (Tesco/from December 2008, Somerfield from March 2009, Sainsbury's April 2012)
- Hershey's Nutrageous chocolate bars (Tesco/from January 2009, Sainsbury's/from March 2009)
- Pride cooking oil (Tesco, Coop/from January 2007, Sainsbury's/from February 2008)
- Schwartz Seasoned Salad Topping (Sainsbury's/from March 2009)
- General Mills Bacos Bacon Flavour Soya chips (Tesco and Morrisons/March 2009)
- OSEM cream crackers (Kosher) (Morrison's, July 2011)
- OSEM sesame cracker (Kosher) (Waitrose, March 2012)
- KTC oil (Asda, July 2012)
- General Mills Lucky Charms cereal (Tesco, August 2013)
- OSEM wafers chocolate flavour (Sainsbury's, October 2013)
This action is linked to one about GM cooking oil.