About GM Freeze
GM Freeze is the UK’s umbrella campaign on GM food, crops and patents.
Formed in 1999 as the Five Year Freeze, we became a not-for-profit registered company in 2005. Our members include large national charities, small specialist organisations, scientists, farmers, retailers and grassroots campaigners.
What we do
We consider and raise the profile of concerns about the impact of genetic modification. We inform, inspire, represent and support those who share our concerns. We campaign for a moratorium on GM food and farming in the UK. We oppose the patenting of genetic resources.
- Review of our year 2021/22
- Review of our year 2020/21
- Review of our year 2019/20
- Review of our year 2018/19
Director: Leonie Nimmo
Leonie joined GM Freeze in Oct 23 with a background in campaigning, research and project co-ordination. She is a passionate advocate for a fair and sustainable future. She is the first contact for media enquiries. Leonie can be reached on leonie[at]gmfreeze.org
Vicky has experience in a wide range of food, farming and charity roles. She is the first point of contact for general enquiries and membership issues. Vicky usually works on Wednesday and Friday and can be reached on vicky[at]gmfreeze.org
Current Management Committee members are Charlotte Bickler (Organic Research Centre), Henrietta Lowth (Independent), Kierra Box (Friends of the Earth and GM Freeze Chair), Simon Rose (FOE), Steven Jacobs (Independent), Lucia Monje-Jelfs (Soil Association) and Ricarda Steinbrecher (EcoNexus).
Men and people of colour are currently under-represented on the committee and we are also keen to have more hands-on experience of farming and food production. If you might consider putting yourself forward for co-option, please contact leonie[at]gmfreeze.org
The policies linked below help ensure that everything we do supports our core values.
- We don’t have an office – our staff work from home – but you can write to us at the address at the bottom of the page. You can also call us on 0845 217 8992 (see below) or email info[at]gmfreeze.org
- For the press office, please see our News pages
- Anyone with a safeguarding concern or who wishes to raise a complaint regarding their treatment by GM Freeze staff, workers, Management Committee members or volunteers should in the first instance email the Executive Director, Leonie Nimmo on leonie[at]gmfreeze.org
- Our registered office address is GM Freeze c/o Slade & Cooper Ltd, Beehive Mill, Jersey Street, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6JG. Slade & Cooper are our accountants and this address is only used for formal legal matters – please send donations or any general correspondence to the contact address at the bottom of the page.